I baked you some cupcakes.
And they are not chocolate.
Now, that’s a first!
So my sister was having a slumber party at my house a few weeks ago and I wanted to make a totally adorable dessert for the girls to enjoy.
So after a girl in my Bunco group made a strawberry lemonade cake that I couldn’t get enough of and fell totally in love with it I knew that was the perfect dessert for the girls, but in a cupcake form of course:) I mean the cupcakes are pink! PINK! What teenage girl (or me) doesn’t love pink? And sprinkles?
Sign me up!
So off I went on Pinterest to find the recipe and sure enough I had already pinned it 🙂 If you’ve looked at my boards you would know that I’m completely pin-obsessed!
And I totally cheated and used box mix.
Sue me now.
I personally have nothing against box mixes.
They are cheap, easy and convenient. I know as a foodie I should be completely repulsed by them, but why when they make life so much easier. Especially when you are short on time, no measuring of ingredients involved, no sifting just combine the mix with some eggs and oil, bake and enjoy 🙂
And I was impressed with how tasty the cupcake actually was! Very light and moist 🙂
And the frosting is a simple cream cheese/cool whip based frosting that takes 5mins to whip up! And I love the lemonade frosting! The sweetness of the strawberry cupcake and the tangyness of the lemonade frosting compliment each other perfectly 🙂
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- strawberry lemonade cake mix (and any extra ingredients needed)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 0.23oz packet Kool-Aid Lemonade
- yellow food coloring gel(until desired color is reached)
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- 8 oz cool whip topping
- sprinkles for garnish
- Make the cupcakes according to box directions.
- Let them cool completely before frosting.
- In the bowl of electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, kool-aid and food coloring until smooth.
- Add the marshmallow creme and beat to combine.
- Add the cool whip and mix until completely smooth.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.