Hello my little muffins 🙂
So today we are talking breakfast.
You know that first meal of the day you are suppose to eat but usually skip because you woke up late (again) and need to get to work asap?
Well I know that sure happens to me on most days.
Well they don’t call breakfast the most important meal of the day for no reason, right?
It gives you energy to get through your busy, starts your metabolism and studies show that people who eat breakfast do tend to lose weight (and keep it off) quicker! So here is a great choice for breakfast-on-the-go!
These are super chocolaty, almost like dessert (dessert for breakfast anyone!?), the bananas and applesauce make them very moist and they will give you all the energy you need to start your day 🙂
Just grab ém and go!
Comments: Chocolate for breakfast? Sign me up! These are very moist from the banana and actually pretty healthy 🙂 Winner for sure!!!
Negatives: After the muffins are baked let them cool completely before topping with glaze…trust me… Also they will stay good in an airtight container for a few days but be warned the glaze will sink into the muffins. Still as yummy though!
Will I make these again? Oh yes!!! Though these are rich enough that they don’t need the glaze so I will just eliminate it next time 🙂
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Glaze
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 small ripe bananas, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the bananas, applesauce, egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat to combine. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to 12 muffins tins.
- Bake for 30mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool muffins before glazing.
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4-3/4 tsp water
Directions: Combine the powdered sugar and water in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add more water to reach desired consistency. Glaze the cooled muffins.
Very Slightly adapted from: SkinnyTaste