Who said that if you’re trying to lose weight you can’t eat cookies?
Well definitely not this girl! I strongly encourage it 🙂
There’s a million chocolate chip cookie recipes out there so why choose this one?
Well because it’s super easy to make and it’s swimsuit friendly 🙂
Each cookie has only 124 calories! So go ahead, indulge and grab 2!
Only 33 days until the sunny beaches of Puerto Vallarta! Can you tell how excited I am! 🙂
I bought 2 new swimsuits and 5 dresses! And I’ve been working out like a maniac…
And I finally went tanning yesterday! It feels soo good to finally have some color 🙂
So after a long workout, go ahead reward yourself with a skinny cookie! You earned it 🙂
Comments: This cookies rock! They are lightened up with the applesauce but are still just as yummy!
Will I make these again? Yes. I will make extra dough, shape it into balls and freeze it and then bake cookies as I crave them 🙂
Best Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 15 cookies
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used regular dark chocolate chips because I was out of minis)
- a sprinkle of sea salt
- In a bowl with electric or hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and applesauce and beat to combine.
- Slowly add the flour and baking soda, beating until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 2hrs or preferably overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F.
- Drop the dough by rounded tbsp on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each ball of cookie dough with sea salt.
- Bake for 9-11mins.
- Let cool completely before digging in 🙂