One of my guilty pleasures is Taco Bell’s steak quesadilla.
I love it. I don’t care if it’s not real meat and how it has a thousand calories. I just love it.
But since it’s horrible for my diet, I decided to make a lighter version to satisfy my cravings.
There’s 3 reasons why I love their steak quesadillas:
1) Steak. Love it. Can eat it every day and could never be a vegetarian.
2) Cheese. Melted. Gloriuos cheese.
3) Their mild sauce. Perfect in this. Just perfect!
So for my steak quesadillas I used lean beef filet, low-fat cheddar and for the sauce a simple fry sauce (lite mayo+ketchup+a pinch of cayenne) and well it turned out ahhmazing! For the tortillas I found 100 calories whole wheat tortillas in the store and they worked and tasted great!
So if you’re craving some quesadillas but don’t want to ruin your diet, go ahead and make these I promise they’re just as good!
And did I mention they take 20mins to make? Yep, do it.
Comments: Cheesy, beefy goodness. Nuff said.
Will I make it again? Yes! I think I will cook extra steak next time and put it in the freezer so I have it ready at my fingerprints when cravings kick.
Cheddar Steak Quesadillas
- 1 lb lean beef filet
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar, shredded
- 4 whole wheat 100 calorie tortillas
- 3 tbsp light mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Spray a heavy skillet with cooking spray and heat up over high heat.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet.
- Cook on each side until browned and rare to medium-rare.
- Let rest on a cutting board for 10mins. Slice thin.
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, ketchup and cayenne.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- On half of the tortilla spread 1 tbsp of mayo spread, top with sliced steak and 1/4 cheese. Fold over. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cook the quesadilla in the preheated skillet until golden brown on both side and the cheese melts.
- Slice and serve with salsa and sour cream.