I love mac ‘n’ cheese.
Well pretty much anything with cheese and you can sign me up 🙂
But unfortunately most mac ‘n’ cheese is not very diet-friendly.
We are talking butter, lots of lovely butter, add to that a ton of cheese, buttery breadcrumbs and bake it until everything is melty, gooey and ahhmazing.
Doesn’t that sound lovely?
But unfortunately just thinking about it and I went up in pants-size.
But this mac ‘n’ cheese is actually pretty light.
It’s still as fab as the full-fat version except you won’t want to run on the treadmill for an hour afterwards.
And it has a slight spicy kick that I definitely appreciate! As you might know I love anything and everything spicy 🙂
Comments: Very flavor Mexican spin on mac n cheese! I loved it! The best part is that you cook the milk with the pasta so you have less bowls to clean 😉
Will I make it again? Yes I’ve made it a few times already.
Mexi Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups macaroni shells
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Rinse the shells under cold water for a second.
- In a saucepan combine the milk, shells and butter.
- Bring to a medium heat, but not a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once reached medium heat, turn to low and cook stirring occasionally until the mixture has thickened and the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Turn the heat off and add the cheese and taco seasoning.
- Stir until cheese is melted and serve 🙂