Oreos and cheesecake.
It doesn’t get more magical than this!
This is an easy cheesecake dessert that is creamy, dreamy and absolutely delightful.
Definitely one of my faves!
Now, don’t count calories making this. Your head will explode, but trust me every bite is worth it!
So go ahead have a slice and share the rest with your family and friends.
Take it to work and you’ll become very popular I’m sure.
Also if you are afraid that your cheesecake will crack, don’t be! Just make sure your ingredients are room temp! I left everything out for about 30mins and it was fine.
Also don’t overbeat your filling!
After your cheesecake is done, let it sit at room temp for at least 1hr before putting it in the fridge.
Water baths are also great for cheesecakes I know but I don’t have the patience for that so I just skip it. So far I’ve never had issues with cracks, it’s more luck than anything else I’m sure.
Anyways, cracks or no cracks this cheesecake is deelish!
Comments: Cheesecakes can be intimidating especially to the beginner cook, but this recipe is super easy!
Negatives: It does consist of multiple(easy) steps and you will have to chill it for a few hours, but the wait is definitely worth it!
Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Bars
- 1 package of oreos
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8oz) cream cheese*
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt (I used fine sea salt)
- 3 large eggs*
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with aluminum foil letting it overhang on each end.
- In a large zip lock bag crush 26 oreos with rolling-pin. Add the butter, stir with a spatula.
- Transfer the buttered oreo crumbs to the baking sheet and press down with your hands.
- Bake for 10mins. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- In a mixer combine the cream cheese and sugar. Beat for 2 mins on medium speed.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla and salt, beat to combine.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Crush the remaining oreos and fold in the cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer the filling over the cooled oreo crust and even out with a spatula.
- Bake for 40mins or until the edges are set but the middle is still wobbly.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 1hr.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hrs**.
- Cut and serve!
*at room temp
** best refrigerated overnight
Source: Tasty Kitchen