I love enchiladas and have given you plenty of recipes to try out but this one is totally different.
Like No comparison.
Not the prettiest picture but soo freaking tasty!
Why? The secret is the white sauce.
It’s just a creamy white sauce that is butter/flour based then you add some chicken broth and sour cream that’s it! Sounds like nothing spectacular I know, but baked with the enchiladas it tastes fantastic!
Really easy to make and a great change-up from red sauce enchiladas.
And for those of you who don’t like spicy food, this is not spicy at all!
Did I mention I love enchiladas?
On a side note, meet the newest member of our family! Our little baby boy Simon aka Mr. Snuggles 🙂
He’s the sweetest little boy ever! He just turned 4 months and he’s the biggest cuddle bug 🙂
He fills my life and heart with joy every day and I’m soo happy my husband let me adopt him!
I fell in love with him the second I saw him.
Thanks honey for the best birthday present ever!
Comments: Different than most enchilada recipes this one is a keeper! Simple, flavorful and delicious 🙂
Will I make it again? Yes! Definitely
White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas
- 10 medium taco flour tortillas
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided use
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chillies
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl combine the chicken, 1 cup cheese, salsa, green chillies and salt.
- Place a heaping tbsp. of the chicken mixture in each tortilla and then roll.
- Place the rolled enchiladas on a cooking spray sprayed baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the flour and whisk for 1 min.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth.
- Let it cook for 1 min.
- Turn the heat off and stir in sour cream.
- Top the rolled enchiladas with the creamy sauce.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 22mins.
- Turn the broiler on High and broil for 3 mins or until the cheese has slightly browned on top.