I was pretty much jumping up and down with joy after one bite.
The chicken is juicy and spicy marinated overnight with lime, garlic, cayenne, cumin and a bunch more spices.
Then the sauce. Simple and delicious!
The spices from the chicken adds tremendous amount of flavor to the sauce then add some butter(yum), onions, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Simmer and cook until all the flavors marry and add some heavy cream.
Sprinkle some cilantro to finish things up.
Then grab a spoon and go to town straight out of the pan.
Or you can serve it up over Basmati rice.
And spoon a ton of sauce all over the rice.
It was absolutely ahhmazing and super flavorful!
Extremely easy to make too!
I have leftovers and I can’t wait to devour them.
And I’m definitely adding it to my monthly rotation!
Comments: This is really and flavorful dish. For me it’s the perfect amount of spice but if your sensitive to spicy foods I would reduce the amount of cayenne.
Negatives: Heavy cream. Lots and lots of heavy cream. Next time I will try it with some half and half and unsweetened almond milk to try to reduce the calories.
Will I make it again? Oh yes and I can hardly wait!!!
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts or 8 chicken tenders (I used tenders)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 lime, juiced
Directions: Combine everything together in a ziplock bag and refrigerate overnight.
For the sauce:
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 pint whipping cream
- a bunch of cilantro, chopped
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the onions.
- Cook until translucent then add the chicken.
- Cook for 5 mins per side then add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, cover lower the heat to medium low and cook for 30mins.
- Add the heavy cream and cilantro.
- Serve over Basmati rice and sprinkle with more cilantro.