In our household we are complete chocolate freaks so me making a yellow cake cupcake is pretty much unheard off. Unless its mixed with m&ms and topped with peanut butter frosting that is. Then it’s totally ok.
M&M Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix (I used yellow)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk (used buttermilk)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (used sour cream)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl sift cake mix.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, oil, milk or buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Add the cake mix to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the M&Ms.
- Fill 24 cupcake liners with the batter.
- Bake for 17-22mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (used all natural)
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4-8 tsp milk
- Beat peanut butter and butter in a mixer until smooth.
- With the mixer on low add the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Beat until fluffy and add milk to reach desired consistency.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and decorate with extra M&Ms if desired.