Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 lb grilled chicken, diced
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 10oz can red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- parsley and extra cheddar for garnish
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking make the sauce:
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook until soft about 5 mins.
- Add garlic and cook for 30sec.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne, chicken and enchilada sauce.
- Let the sauce heat up for a minute then turn the heat down to low.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the sauce.
- Add the cheese to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Let the cheese melt and serve the pasta with parsley and extra shredded cheddar on top.
Adapted from: HowSweetEats