Muffins of my dreams.
I absolutely adore muffins.
Perfect breakfast on the go.
With a cup of iced coffee.
These muffins are good. With coffee. With tea. With a big glass of milk. Just choose your poison and eat one or two…or three…
Orange Ricotta Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and orange zest. Rub the sugar with your fingers until fragrant.
- In the bowl of electric mixer beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the ricotta and beat to combine.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and orange juice.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour and mix until the batter comes together. Don’t overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- With an ice cream scoop, drop the batter in 12 muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool completely before pouring the glaze.
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Whisk all the ingredients together and drizzle over cooled muffins.