I’m one of those people that is either all in or out when it comes to breakfast. As a busy mom of two under 5, you kind of forget to feed yourself sometimes and breakfast is the meal I catch myself skipping through more often than not. But when I do sit down for breakfast, give me ALL the carbs! Pancakes is one of those things that I just can’t refuse. And these really hit the spot. Fluffy, sweet and gives you the chance to use up that lonely ripe banana going browner by the minute in your pantry.
Equipment to make these:
Chunky Monkey Pancakes
Makes 10 pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana (half mashed, half diced)
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl whisk the butter, milk, egg, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Stir in diced banana, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour batter 1/4 cup at a time on preheated griddle. Flip when little bubbles form all over the pancakes surface. Serve with butter and maple syrup if desired.
And they are totally kid approved.