Don’t get me wrong, I love cookbooks. But living in such a digital world, getting access to recipes is obviously easier than ever (just look on my blog or around Pinterest). I love printing my favorite recipes out and keeping them organized in a binder. It’s simple and it helps me a bunch during meal planning. I usually choose 3-4 tried and true recipes every week out of my binder and then select 2 new recipes to try out. If they work out and my family loves them, I print them out and continue growing my binder.
You should be able to get all of the items you need at your local Dollar Tree making this a really cheap DIY. Then just print out your favorite recipes and make your own “cookbook”.
DIY Recipe Binder
- 3 ring binder
- 5 tab binder dividers
- Clear sheet protectors for 3 ring binder
- Fine point sharpie
- Your favorite printed recipes
1. Using the sharpie label all of your divider tabs, cut to size and insert into your dividers. I have mine categorized very simple with breakfast, appetizers & sides, soups, mains and desserts. That’s also the order I have them organized by.
2. Slide all of your printed recipes in the sheet protectors.
3. Organize your recipes and dividers in your binder.
What is your favorite way to keep your recipes organized?