Las Vegas has so many options when it comes to dining but most visitors get blinded by the lights of the Strip and don’t see the city beyond. There is so many wonderful more “local” restaurants to try and here is a list of my top favorites
- Hank’s Fine Steaks and Martini. We finally went to this steakhouse this year for my birthday and I wish we had gone much sooner! Its the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. The ambiance is incredible. Sleek modern design, crystal chandeliers and stunning fireplaces. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. And don’t even get me started on the food. The bread basket, oh the bread basket! It’s pretty much the stuff my dreams are made of. Soft, warm breads, great variety of sweet and savory, and soft butter. The crab cakes are basically all lump crab meat, hardly any filler served with aioli (mayo). My husband ordered the lobster chowder which was thick and hearty, it had big chunks of lobster, corn and bacon in it. I don’t even like lobster (I know I’m crazy) and I could’ve finished it all by myself. Then of course the steak was perfect medium rare and so tender I could’ve cut it with a fork. We also ordered a side of potatoes au gratin to share which were ooey, gooey, cheesy deliciousness. Then to finish it all off creme brulee and chocolate covered strawberry. Basically meal of my dreams.
Hank’s 2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052 (702) 617-7515
- Firefly* Tapas Kitchen & Bar. This is one place we keep coming back to over and over again. I love appetizers so I absolutely love the concept of tapas where you can try a bunch of different small plates. The restaurant has dim lighting making it perfect for date night, but it can also be very lively and fun for groups especially on Salsa night. The food is full of flavor and never disappoints. To start off your meal they bring out crusty bread with almond compound butter which makes my carb-loving heart all so happy. Our order always includes the firefly fries which are thin and crisp perfectly seasoned with parsley and parmesan and served with an aioli. The bacon wrapped stuffed dates are another must. Sweet and savory, do yourself a favor and order two because you won’t want to share those. The steak and mushroom skewers, cooked to perfection, served in a creamy sauce and topped with tomato and scallion relish. The serrano ham sliders are another favorite. Juicy patties, topped with blue cheese and crispy onion straws. And then for dessert definitely go for the sampler. You get to try their flan, chocolate tres leches cake (my favorite), lemon fruit tart and passionfruit cheesecake. For drinks I highly recommend the sangria and Flytai which is their spin on a Mai Tai.
Firefly 3824 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (702) 369-3971
- Marrakech. If you are looking for a unique experience while you are in Las Vegas, then you must come to this spot. This Moroccan themed restaurant, not only has incredible food, but the belly dancers are a fun bonus. As soon as you step through the door with the draped ceiling and dimmed lighting you feel like you’ve been transported to another world. No silverware is allowed (at least not for the first 4 courses) so the waiter will wash your hands with rose water which will make your hands smell absolutely amazing. Then one by one they will start bringing 6 that’s right 6 courses of delicious food. This will include the most luscious shrimp scampi I’ve ever had, lentil soup, marinated veggies with dips, steak skewers, chicken and couscous and finally a chocolate banana phyllo dessert.
Marrakech 3900 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169 (702) 737-5611
- Lindo Michoacan. If you are craving Mexican food this is the place for you. Driving up to the restaurant you can’t miss its bright orange building sitting up on a hill which also means this restaurant also has incredible view overlooking the Las Vegas Valley. This place is wonderful for lunch as they offer 36 different lunch specials all under $12.95. We always skip the appetizer and go straight for the complimentary chips, beans and salsa. I can eat my weight worth in that alone. The steak fajitas are my favorite ordered with a side of sour cream. The meat is perfectly marinated and comes sizzling to your table. It also comes with a fideo soup which is a light tomato broth based soup with noodles and as simple as it is, it’s so comforting. For drinks I strongly suggest a coconut margarita or their Mexican Bulldog which is a margarita with Corona. For dessert you can’t go wrong with the fried ice cream.
Lindo Michoacan 645 Carnegie St, Henderson, NV 89052 (702) 837-6828
- Panevino. This is another spot for a fancy date night. Actually it is the restaurant my husband took me to 9 Valentine’s Day ago (lifetime ago) the night he proposed to me. It is another restaurant with a gorgeous view of the Las Vegas Strip. Not only is the view lovely but the food is quite spectacular. We like to start with the Artesan bread basket which is their homemade baked to order bread. And by now you must know how much I like my bread. I really enjoy their shrimp cocktail with their homemade cocktail sauce and Chris really likes their scallops served with mushrooms and mascarpone cheese sauce. For the main, the short rib risotto is hearty. The meat is soo tender and braised in red wine sauce. The lasagna is amazing just as good as some I had in Italy. The grilled lemon chicken Panevino is a lighter option but it definitely does not lack flavor. The marinated chicken is served with roasted potatoes and drizzled with lemon sauce. Also for surf and turf lovers out there, the one here is not to be missed!
Panevino 246 Via Antonio Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (702) 222-2400
Have you ever been to Las Vegas? What is your favorite restaurant?