Let’s talk pasta. Pasta is one of my weaknesses. As you may have realized I love my carbs and this cream cheese baked spaghetti is one of my favorites. I have never added cream cheese to my spaghetti before this meal and I feel like I’ve been missing out. It just adds creaminess and slightly tangy layer of deliciousness making this dish extra special.
I first made this recipe when I was very pregnant with my second child. Pasta was definitely one of my cravings (as it typically is) and I was on a mission to stock up my freezer with delicious meals to have ready once baby arrived. After all who wants to cook with a brand new baby and toddler running around? I have made this recipe at least a dozen times since and it is always a big hit. It’s one of the few meals my whole family can agree on and my kids absolutely love. “More pasghetti mommy”. As a bonus it’s very quick and easy to make, perfect for a busy weeknight meal. So with the new school year quickly approaching add this yummy casserole to your next meal plan!
Also since this is a wonderful freezer friendly option, I often make a full recipe and freeze half. I just put half in 8×8 aluminum foil pan, freeze for 30 mins and then put in a gallon size freezer zip lock bag. Then when reheating you can bake straight from frozen in the pan, but add about 30 mins to your baking time or until its heated through. Saves you time on cooking dinner for a night and less dishes to wash. Don’t forget to label your freezer bag using a permanent marker with date and baking instructions to make things as easy as possible!
Cream Cheese Baked Spaghetti
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 2 tsp garlic minced (divided use)
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef (I use for this leaner meat ex 90/10)
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- In deep skillet, cook beef and 1 tsp garlic over medium high heat. Crumble beef as it cooks. Once browned, drain fat and add marinara sauce. Bring to a low boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until pasta is ready.
- Drain cooked spaghetti and put in a bowl. Add cream cheese, remaining garlic and Italian seasoning to spaghetti and stir to combine.
- Spread 1/4 cup marinara in casserole dish, top with spaghetti, remaining marinara and sprinkle parmesan on top. Bake for 30mins.
Equipment you’ll need for this recipe.As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is your favorite freezer friendly dish?