This loaded baked potato salad is the ultimate side dish to take to your next Summer BBQ.
I love potatoes. Baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, roasted potatoes, if its a potato it’s going to be on my plate. And this side dish does not disappoint. It is so easy to make, you only need a handful of simple ingredients and you can have this on your table in less than 30 minutes. That includes boiling the potatoes.
Another thing I love is bacon. The smell of bacon cooking makes me so giddy and excited. And of course you can’t have a ‘loaded’ baked potato without bacon. The easiest way to cook bacon without mess is on the oven. It’s hands off for the most part, no bacon splatter and very easy clean up. Plus you can cook a large batch of bacon all at once.
Preheat your oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lay your bacon in a single layer on the baking sheet. Cook your bacon in the oven for about 13 minutes or until it’s cooked to your liking. If your bacon is thick, it might need a few extra minutes. Put your bacon on a paper towel lined plate. Then you can use the bacon right away, store in the fridge or even freeze. I always like to have cooked bacon on hand to add to recipes or for breakfast with eggs. Have you cooked your bacon in the oven before?
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 12 oz red potatoes chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar and monterey jack cheese shredded
- 6 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, cover the potatoes with water and add some salt. Boil the potatoes until fork tender. Drain potatoes and place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and cheese.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Stir the bacon and green onions in your potatoes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
What is your favorite dish to bring to a summer BBQ?