Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
One of my all time favorite treats is ice cream. If you ask me there is nothing better on a hot day than a bowl of creamy, refreshing and most of all delicious ice cream.
We just visited my husband’s family in State College, Pennsylvania last month. And while there he decided to take me to the best ice cream store ever. It’s called Meyer Dairy and it pretty much ruined all other ice cream for me. It is a family owned and operated store and they have been selling ice cream for over 100 years. They have their own cows out back, the ice cream is made fresh daily and it has the creamiest consistency.
Their chocolate peanut butter ice cream was pretty amazing. So since we don’t have Meyer Dairy in Las Vegas, I decided to whip up these peanut butter brownie ice cream sandwiches. They are the perfect summer treat and much easier to make than you might think!
How to make these ice cream sandwiches:
It all starts with a brownie mix. We are keeping things very easy. In a bowl, you combine the brownie mix with eggs, vegetable oil and mini chocolate chips. The chocolate chips are optional but I say the more chocolate the better, right? Then you form your dough into balls. You can use a medium cookie scoop for this or make the balls using about 2 tbsp of batter and try to make them as similar in size as possible. Then you place your cookies on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 10-12 mins. Let them cool completely on a wire rack. Then you spread 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter on the flat side of half your cookies. After that you want to scoop slightly softened vanilla ice cream on top of your peanut butter and top with another brownie cookie. Put those on a baking sheet and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
Change things up:
If you want to change things up a bit, skip the peanut butter and use different flavor ice cream. Brownie cookies and cookies & cream ice cream? Mint chocolate chip? Strawberry? I don’t think you can go wrong here.
Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Sandwhiches
- 1 18oz box brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip optional
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 pint vanilla bean ice cream slightly softened
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs and oil. Stir for about 2 minutes until dough forms. You can also do this with your electric (or handheld) mixer,
- Using a medium cookie scoop, (about 2-3tbsp of dough) scoop the dough and shape into balls.
- Place on prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cool cookies completely before proceeding.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter on the flat side of half of the cookies.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream and place on top of peanut butter. Top with a second cookie, pushing down gently. Place the ice cream sandwiches on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least 30 mins or until set.
- Store ice cream sandwiches once set in a freezer friendly zip lock bag.
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
For more Peanut Butter Cookies check out these two recipes: