One of our absolutely favorite things to do as a family is movie night! And once in a while I decide to step up my snack game and make a special treat. So for our last movie night, I decided to make this easy recipe for the best S’mores Popcorn!
I love S’mores in general and popcorn is pretty much a MUST on movie night so it only seemed natural to combine the two. And it was definitely a winner with the family! I mean how can it not be? You have the salty popcorn, the sweet marshmallow coating, graham crackers crumbs and then you top all of that with chocolate? Yes, please.
You can also make this a day in advance and keep in an air tight container but I can’t promise that it will last that long. Our family devoured it!
How to make S’mores Popcorn
You want to pop your popcorn first. You can do this on the stove top but I just use the popcorn setting on my microwave. Connor always insists on watching the popcorn cooks yelling out “pop, pop, pop” the whole couple of minutes it’s cooking. It’s pretty adorable. While your popcorn cooks, in a saucepan melt some butter, with a little bit of brown sugar and marshmallows. Continuously stir and break up the marshmallows as it cooks. As soon as the marshmallows are melted, turn off the heat. Try not to lick the spatula. It will be tempting, but it’s hot.
This is almost kind of like marshmallow caramel liquid gold. In a large bowl, add the popcorn (discarding any un popped kernels) and pour in marshmallow mixture. Add graham cracker crumbs, optional mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows and stir well to combine. Like a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread out popcorn in a single layer. In a small bowl, microwave chocolate chips until melted. Drizzle melted chocolate all over your popcorn. Let it set for 20 minutes. Store in air tight container and try not to finish the whole thing by yourself in one sitting. But if you do, don’t worry I won’t judge! This stuff is addicting.
- 1 bag popcorn cooked (about 6 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter salted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips melted
Optional Add ins
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup graham crackers broken up in pieces
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with brown sugar and marshmallows.
- Stir and cook until marshmallows are melted.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked popcorn, melted marshmallow mixture, graham cracker crumbs and optional add ins (mini marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate chips). Stir well to combine.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread popcorn in a single layer and drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
- Let set for 20 minutes.
- Store popcorn in air tight container for up to 48 hours.
Would you make this S’mores Popcorn Recipe for your next movie night?
Another amazing popcorn recipe is this Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn!
For a healthier movie night treat try this honey cinnamon roasted chickpeas.