This sheet pan shrimp scampi is one of my favorite weeknight dinners! It will be ready and on your table in 15 minutes!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I love one pan meals! Washing dishes is one of my least favorite chores (after laundry of course) and since I am a little OCD, I always feel like I need to hand wash everything. So that means that I do a LOT of dishes.
With this shrimp scampi meal, there is only a sheet pan and a large mixing bowl to wash! Make sure you line your sheet pan with aluminum foil, one less thing to wash. Also if you want, you can mix your shrimp with the spices directly on the sheet pan which makes this dinner completely mess free.
I absolutely love the flavors in this meal! The shrimp is seasoned with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice salt, paprika and then cooked in lots of butter. It is so juicy and delicious!
Shrimp Scampi without Wine
Traditionally shrimp scampi is cooked with wine. But since this is a shortcut recipe and baked in the oven, the wine is not necessary. But believe me, you won’t even miss it! There is plenty of butter, garlic and lemon juice to give this dish the perfect flavor without adding wine.
Shrimp Scampi with Vegetables
I cooked my asparagus on the same pan as the shrimp scampi. I put the asparagus in the oven first, just because I like it tender and it takes a few minutes longer to cook than the shrimp. You can also use other vegetables like broccoli or green beans would go well with this shrimp! I would cook the broccoli for 9 minutes before you add the shrimp and the green beans about 4 minutes.
What to serve this sheet pan shrimp scampi with?
This shrimp scampi is very versatile. This recipe can be served with rice, with pasta (I suggest linguine) or with crusty french bread! I went with bread and it was perfect combination. I could make it a whole meal of just dipping the bread in the lemon butter sauce! I’ve also served this shrimp scampi over zoodles and it worked wonderfully!
How to make shrimp scampi?
You preheat the oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Trim (or break off) the ends of the asparagus and place on one side of your sheet pan. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 4 minutes. While the asparagus cooks, prepare the shrimp. In a bowl, combine shrimp with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, paprika, onion powder, dried parsley, pepper and red pepper flakes if desired. Add shrimp to the sheet pan with asparagus and spread shrimp in one layer. Top shrimp with cubed butter and bake for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp is opaque. Remove pan from the oven and drizzle with extra lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi with Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp deveined, shells off, tails off
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4-8 tbsp butter, cubed see notes
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan optional
- lemon slices
- 1 pound linguine
- french bread
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place asparagus on one end of the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with garlic, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 4 minutes. Prepare shrimp while asparagus cooks.
- In a large bowl, combine all shrimp ingredients EXCEPT butter. Place shrimp in a single layer on the baking sheet with partially cooked asparagus, top with cubed butter and bake for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp is opaque.
- Garnish shrimp with parsley, lemon juice, Parmesan and lemon slices. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from: CarlsbadCravings
For other sheet pan meal check out this Parmesan Crusted Salmon
What is your favorite sheet pan meal?