This cherry cheesecake brownies recipe is the best dessert to take to your next potluck! It’s very easy to make and combines a few of my favorite things: chocolate brownies, cheesecake and cherry pie!
Can we talk about how much I love cheesecake for a moment? It’s pretty much my favorite dessert and I would rather have a slice of cheesecake than a piece of cake any day. There is just something about the creaminess, slight tang and smooth texture that gets me every time. But making cheesecake is another story. It takes time, patience and involves things like water bath that is just slightly daunting.
Not to mention, having to let it cool overnight. Who has that kind of self control? And then you have the fear of cracking. Now I’ve been very lucky and successful at making cheesecakes, but these cherry cheesecake brownies fulfill my craving for cheesecake and are MUCH easier to make! Also since you top the cheesecake with cherry filling, you don’t have to worry about cracks!
And well you also have the brownie layer, which on its own is wonderful, but together with the cheesecake and cherries is pretty much magical!
This is also a great recipe to get your kids involved and help in the kitchen. You use brownie mix to make the brownie layer so my little one loved to help mix that and of course lick the bowl clean!
How to make this cherry cheesecake brownies recipe:
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. For the brownie layer, you just use a boxed brownie mix! How easy it that? Just prepare the brownie mix according to package instructions and spread it on the bottom of the baking dish. Set aside while you prepare the cheesecake.
In a bowl of your electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream and flour and beat to combine.
Pour the cheesecake filling over top of brownie batter. Dollop cherry pie filling over top and swirl with a knife. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes until set but middle will be slightly jiggly. Cool on the counter for an hour, then cover and refrigerate until chilled completely.
How to make ahead and store leftover Brownie Cheesecake:
These cherry cheese brownies can be made ahead for up to 24 hours in advance. Keep in the fridge covered until ready to serve. You can keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days but it probably won’t last that long.
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 9×13 box brownie mix
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flour
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions. Spread batter on the bottom of baking dish. Set aside while making the cheesecake.
For the cheesecake layer:
- In the bowl of electric mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream and flour and beat to combine. Spread cheesecake mixture on top of brownie batter.
- Gently dollop cherry pie filling over top of cheesecake and swirl with a knife.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 mins or until set but slightly jiggly in the middle.
- Let cool on the counter for an hour then refrigerate until chilled completely.
For more brownie recipes check these out: