Today I’m going to give you a full review of one of the most gorgeous places I’ve ever been to, Sandals Grenada! We visited Sandals Grenada for my birthday last year and this resort quickly become one of my favorites!
Sandals Resorts is an All Inclusive, Couples Only Resort Chain in the Caribbean and this is our 3rd Sandals resort that we have visited. Since we have visited several of their properties, we have come to certain expectations when it comes to food, rooms and customer service at their resorts and Sandals Grenada delivers in every category! This resort is one of the most romantic resorts I’ve been to and is perfect for a honeymoon or couple’s getaway where you are looking to reconnect with your loved one.
Flight and Transfer to Sandals Grenada
Flights to the Caribbean from the West Coast of USA are always tedious and long, but everything went smoothly with no delays. The most wonderful thing is that this resort is located right by the airport in Grenada (not even 5 minute drive) so once you land, you know you’ve arrived in Paradise! We quickly grabbed our bags, went through security and found the Sandals Desk. With Sandals transportation to/from airport is included and within a few minutes we were in air conditioned vehicle on our way to Sandals. Since the property is so close to the airport I see the question if airplane noise is an issue and in short the answer is no. There is very limited flights to the island and although we did see a few passing by, noise wasn’t an issue for us.
Check In at Sandals Grenada
I had already filled out my online check in (you can do that on their website) so check in was a breeze. Our room wasn’t ready yet so we put a card on file and went to lunch. After lunch, we were led to our room.
Room at Sandals Grenada
This is one of the smaller Sandals Resorts but it offers many different kind of room categories. We wanted to stay close to the beach so we chose to stay in the Pink Gin village. These are the oldest rooms on the resort, but they have been renovated and we loved our room and location near the beach! We stayed in Pink Gin Beachfront Room. The room was perfect for us with comfortable king size bed. The bathroom had dual vanities and a large walk in shower. The balcony had a table and 2 chairs and wonderful view of the beach! You also have a mini bar with water, soda, beer, wine and assortment of juices. Mimosas on the balcony, anyone? The location was perfect for us since it was steps away to the beach and nightly activities.
Beach at Sandals Grenada
I absolutely love this beach! The sand is black/brown so not the white sand you would expect in the Caribbean which means the water is slightly more green than blue. But I found that to be so unique and beautiful! The water was very warm, calm and crystal clear! If you like to snorkel this resort has some of the best snorkeling right off the beach! We saw so many different fish and my husband spent many hours snorkeling during our week there. There is also several floating rings in the water where you can just relax and enjoy a drink. Sandals offers free water sports to enjoy so we took out the kayaks and hobby cat a few times.
This resort is absolutely beautiful! It is clean and so well maintained and filled with gorgeous flowers throughout! As this is fairly small resort, it is easy to get around and I really loved the size. But if you do have mobility issues, keep in mind that this is a very hilly resort! There is 2 main pools, the quiet pool by the beach and the South Seas pool where the swim up bar is so it’s where the party is at. You can also find 2 hot tubs (one at each pool) as well as a large fireplace. There is a main gathering place called the Living Room which is near the beach and that was typically where all the late night entertainment happened.
Food at Sandals Grenada
For the size of the resort, it certainly doesn’t lack variety when it comes to food! There is 10 different places to dine at including a Pizza Place and a Coffee Shop. We have come to expect incredible food from Sandals Resorts and Sandals Grenada definitely did not disappoint! We truly enjoyed every single one of our meals there! Some of our favorites are below.
- Spaghetti Carbonara at Cucina Romana was one of the best I’ve ever had!
- Dungeness Crab Cake, Filet Mignon and Creme Brulee at Butch’s Chophouse. Basically our whole meal at this restaurant was superb.
- All the pastries and crepes at Cafe de Paris. You just can’t go wrong with freshly made to order crepes if you ask me.
- Le Jardiner is the French Restaurant. Not only does it serve incredible dinner, the breakfast here is the best! Made to order eggs Benedict, delicious banana french toast and fluffy pancakes perfect way to start your day. For dinner the onion soup, Tournedos de Boeuf (beef medallions with creamy peppercorn sauce) served with gratin potatoes and asparagus) and the molten lava cake are an absolute must.
- Dinos Pizza place has the best pizza! Try them all they are all delicious and made for a great lunch most days.
- Soy Sushi. You don’t typically go to the Caribbean for sushi, but you might just have to. Because this place has some really good sushi! Sit at the bar and watch the chef’s make magical rolls that will become your favorite after dinner snack. There is always room for sushi!
- Private dinner on the beach. We did this on my birthday and had private dinner in the gazebo on the beach. You are able to choose your menu ahead of time and you have a private server tending to your every need. It got a little quiet for us, so we did put some music on our phone. This is a truly romantic experience though so if you are celebrating a special occasion this is a great option to dine under the stars.
Drinks at Sandals Grenada
With Sandals resorts our favorite drinks are the BBC and Chocolate monkey. At this resort they also did a specialty drinks every day by the beach! The server brought out huge trays of them to pass around and we love trying new things! All of the restaurants have their own specialty cocktail as well so ask your server and try everything!
This is one aspect I was slightly underwhelmed. We go to spas most places we visit so the spa itself didn’t have a tropical island feel like the one at Sandals Barbados. But it still offered all the essentials like steam room and sauna which I used after my one hour massage. My masseuse was great and I really enjoyed my treatment.
So most of the entertainment is held in the Living Room and I definitely recommend getting there early to get seats before the show start. They have different themed nights and the BEST white chocolate party! You will get their newsletter footprints for the week which has all the different activity schedules so you can plan ahead! The entertainment staff here is exceptional and they did a phenomenal job getting people up and dancing at night. So it is a great fun but if you are looking for a party resort, this is not it. Most nights place was empty after 10:30 which is fine with us after a busy day by the beach.
Final Thoughts on this Review of Sandals Grenada
Sandals Grenada stole a piece of my heart! It is such a gorgeous resort and island and I was able to feel completely relaxed and at home! This is a fantastic all inclusive option in Grenada that offers updated/new rooms, fantastic food and some much needed peace and tranquility to reconnect with your loved one! Out of all of the resorts this one is my #1 top favorite and I absolutely can not wait to return one day!