Jump to Recipe
These fall off the bone tender baby back ribs are incredibly delicious, seasoned with my special rub and made even easier in your crockpot!
Baby back ribs are one of my husband’s favorite meals! And rightfully so if you ask me because I love them just as much! Ribs can be one of those things that can seem intimidating to make, but they are actually much easier than you think and you can make them in your crockpot!
How to make baby back ribs in the crockpot?
First pat dry your ribs and season them. I have my favorite diy rub below but even just salt and pepper will do! Then place the rack of ribs in the crockpot. You want the ribs to wrap around the crockpot standing up on one side. Then add in 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce and pour it over the ribs. We love Sweet Baby Ray’s and its finger licking good in these ribs! Cook on low for 8 hrs or high for 3-4hrs. Then place the ribs on a baking sheet using tongs, coat with more BBQ sauce and broil for 3-5 minutes!
How to make these ribs in the oven?
So once your ribs are seasoned, place on a baking sheet, cover with foil and bake at 275F. for 3-4 hours or until they are tender. Then top with bbq sauce and broil for 3-5 minutes.
How to store leftover baby back ribs?
In the refrigerator leftovers will last 3-4 days. You can also freeze the cooked ribs. Flash freeze first by placing individual portions of ribs on a baking sheet covered with foil and freeze for 30 mins. Then place in a large freezer zip lock bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Sides that go with ribs:
Crockpot Baby Back Ribs
For the Ribs
- 1 whole rack pork baby back ribs
- 1 bottle your favorite bbq sauce I like Sweet Baby Ray’s
For the Rub
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pat dry the rack of ribs with a paper towel.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients for the rub and stir with a fork.
- Season the ribs with the rub on both sides.
- Place the ribs in the crockpot standing up on one side and wrapping around the crockpot.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce over ribs.
- Cook on LOW for 7 hours or High for 3-4 hours or until tender.
- Using tongs, place the ribs on a baking sheet and brush on some more BBQ sauce.
- BROIL for 3-5 minutes, keep an eye on it to make sure the BBQ sauce doesn’t burn