Jump to Recipe
These funfetti blossom cookies are absolutely adorable, topped with a chocolate kiss and are a breeze to make! These are the ultimate cookies for a birthday party or to put a smile on someone’s face!
You guys! How completely adorable are these cookies? When a few days ago my son Connor asked to bake cookies, without hesitation I said yes. And then I got to thinking what kind of cookies should we make? Maybe my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe? But then I saw the bag of chocolate kisses in the pantry and they practically yelled at me “USE ME!”. So I did! And why not add some sprinkles to the mix? These cookies turned out absolutely perfect! They are soft and chewy and ever so slightly under baked because those are the best kind of cookies!!
How to make funfetti blossoms:
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy in a bowl with mixer
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat to combine
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt and beat to combine
- Stir in 2 tbsp of sprinkles
- Refrigerate dough for 10 minutes
- Roll dough into 1 tbsp balls and roll in remaining sprinkles
- Bake at 350F 9-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before sticking in the chocolate kiss in the middle
- Allow to chocolate kiss to set completely before storing cookies in airtight container
Does the funfetti cookie dough need to chill?
A lot of cookie recipes you’ll find need the dough chilled for several hours or even overnight. For this recipe you need to chill the dough for only 10 minutes! You can of course refrigerate it for longer if need be and make it up to a day in advance but 10 minutes is the minimum. If your dough gets too warm while you are rolling the dough into balls, refrigerate for 5-10 more minutes.
Can these cookies be frozen?
Yes! Fully bake and cool these cookies then place in freezer zippered plastic bag! Then thaw completely before opening the bag to make sure they don’t dry out.
Funfetti Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sprinkles divided use
- 20-25 Hershey’s Chocolate kisses unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer beat granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt and beat to combine.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of sprinkles.
- Refrigerate dough for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1 tbsp balls and roll in remaining sprinkles. Place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then press a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookies. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, store cookies in airtight container.