These ridiculously easy baked BBQ chicken breasts will become a new favorite! You only need 6 ingredients and 30 mins and it is the perfect recipe for those busy nights!
It’s no secret that I love one pan meals, I have several of those on my blog. This recipe is basically everything we love in one pan. Chicken, ranch seasoning, BACON, onions, cheese and BBQ sauce. I mean yum! And since everything is cooked together that means less dishes to wash. Which is always a win in my book!
How to make this Baked BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Cut large chicken breasts in half so they are thin
- Season chicken with ranch seasoning
- Place chicken in a baking dish
- Top chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce
- Then top with chopped cooked bacon
- Top with sliced red onion
- And finally top with shredded cheese
- Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
Can this chicken be made ahead?
You can fully assemble this chicken in the morning in a baking dish, cover and cook that evening to save on prep time. But it really doesn’t take much time to make I promise!
How to store leftovers:
Leftovers will be good in the fridge for up to 2 days. I’ve never frozen this so can’t say how it will do in the freezer.
Notes on bacon:
For this recipe you need already cooked bacon. You can either use pre cooked bacon that you buy from the grocery store or if you have uncooked bacon, you can cook it on the stove until crispy. I always bake my bacon and have some already cooked in my fridge/freezer to have on hand. To cook bacon in the oven preheat to 425F, line a baking sheet with foil. Place bacon in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 11-14 mins or until the bacon is cooked to your liking.
Cheesy Baked BBQ Chicken Breasts
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced in half to make 4 thin chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup your favorite bbq sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray's
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 5 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Season chicken with ranch seasoning. Then top with BBQ sauce, bacon, onion and shredded cheddar.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 mins. Uncover and cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
More chicken recipes:
More One Pan Meals: